Coinbase hosted an internal "hackathon" according to their blog. It states:
"Teams of Coinbase engineers, designers and business ops people came together to work on a variety of different projects; the only requirement was that we had to do work outside the bounds of our normal work. After a couple sleepless nights and lots of caffeine and Soylent, we gathered together and presented our projects. Here are a few of the most interesting projects that emerged:"
- Payment-Required: A browser plugin supporting the HTTP status code 402: payment required and HTML tags
- Slack-Tipbot: A Slack bot that makes it easy to reward coworkers with bits and is simple for any team to setup
- Refraction: An implementation of the Xim bitcoin exchange protocol
- Wave: A visualization tool for examining local wifi networks
- Electrum for Android: An Android implementation of the Electrum bitcoin wallet
Nothing earth-shattering , but it's always nice to see people thinking about news things to implement on the blockchain, thus a commendable workshop.
You can read the entire blog on the matter here: https://blog.coinbase.com/2015/12/18/coinbase-internal-hackathon-v2/
Reported by dinbits staff